This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week (including breaks & lunch) as scheduled in advance, weekdays with the possibility of some evening and weekend shifts. There is the possibility to adjust shifts as agreed upon with the General Manager. Works in tandem with the Office Coordinator to facilitate the operation of the front desk and coordinate facility bookings.
Salary: $45,000 annually + pension/benefits
Support for Trinity-St.Paul’s Centre For Faith, Justice And The Arts
- Understand the overall vision and values of the Centre for Faith, Justice and the Arts and Trinity St. Paul’s United Church including organizational structure, policies, guidelines, committees, congregational programs and project activities.
- Work sensitively and compassionately with the users of the Centre, the members of the congregation, and the public in accordance with the values and priorities of TSP, and to work cooperatively within a team setting.
Seasonal Bookings & Concert Bookings
- Work with and orchestrate all of the groups who schedule their concert seasons at TSP to schedule all requested dates into the booking system.
- Be responsible for all concert hall bookings:
- Enter dates and holds into the booking system
- Create and manage client invoices and contracts
- Schedule and liaise with A/V tech, front-of-house staff, and piano tuner for all concerts
- Collect insurance documents from clients
- Collect and follow up on payments
- Communicate promptly and effectively with clients
- Review all Y/M/W/D concert bookings and holds
- Monthly financial reconciliations for major resident tenant (shared with the GM)
- Assist the General Manager with the major resident tenant’s contractual obligations
- Physical bank deposits and cash reconciliations (shared with the GM)
- End of month financial reports
- Referring refunds to the bookkeeper
- Taking payments and e-transfers and applying them to the related invoices
Front Desk Duties
- Providing customer service assistance and covering front desk when needed
- Answer questions and provide information to the general public via phone calls, email or walk-in
- Assist with facility tours of concert-related bookings
- Assist with Church bookings if needed
- Updating documents, forms and contracts
- File keeping and organizing
- Updating online documentation (Google Drive, documents in booking system)
- Staff training for new staff as required
- Work cooperatively with all building staff ensuring sharing of information
- Work closely with the Office Coordinator to assist with the implementation of casual bookings sessions and seasons.
Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures and software, providing weekly financial data services and regular assistance to the General Manager and Treasurer.
Knowledge of computer programs: to facilitate bookings (Book King software), bookkeeping (Excel and Google Sheets), communication (Word, Powerpoint), email applications (Outlook, Dreamhost), Google Drive, Adobe Acrobat.
Be willing to work with security systems and procedures.
Become knowledgeable of community resources in order to provide referrals to people needing emergency assistance.
Human relations skills: to deal sensitively and compassionately with the users of the Centre.
Communication skills: to listen well, work cooperatively with all staff, and be able to communicate with all users of the Centre in a clear manner verbally and in writing.
Time-Management Skills: to perform all duties within the regular working hours
Decision Making Requirements:
- The position can frequently require independent decision making. The applicant will show initiative in replying to inquiries and implementing or following best office practices.
- The work is carried out in the TSP front office, 427 Bloor St W, Toronto.
- The position involves periods of extended sitting. Proper seating is provided.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the text “TSP Bookings Coordinator Position” in the subject line of your email.
** Only selected candidates will be contacted