I miss you all terribly and have been trying to stay busy so as not to go completely insane while I live on my own. Without a job or a cottage to visit or a backyard to sit in, I have been walking into High Park every morning, only a 10-minute walk from me. Thank you God for that park! It is beautiful and fresh and full of people like me who are receiving all the gifts nature can provide. I have completed many sketches there.
Back in my apartment, I have been doing some virtual singing with the Church of the Redeemer choir. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyR0nteK06g. Maybe our church choir could go virtual.
In addition, I have read many breathtakingly marvelous books lately:
- ‘Becoming’ by Michelle Obama;
- ‘The Splendid and the Vile’ by Eric Larson, about Winston Churchill’s first year in power during the Blitz of London, England;
- ‘The Mirror and the Light’ by Hillary Mantel;
- ‘My Dark Vanessa’ by Kate Elizabeth Russell; and
- ‘Trumpocalypse’ by David Frum
Next on my list are:
- ‘The Skin We’re In’ by Desmond Cole; and
- ‘The Vanishing Half’ by Brit Bennett.
Finally, I have been teaching myself to paint thanks to two incredible international artists who offer online courses:
- ‘Will Kemp Art School.’ He lives in England and teaches acrylics.
- ‘My Painting Club’ by Richard Robertson. He lives in New Zealand and teaches oils.
The painting of the orange slices on a blue plate are from Will Kemp’s painting blog.
All my love,